Have Fun & Learn the Great Sport of Hockey
Hit the Rink in a Blink
Learning skills of the game, values of sportsmanship, respect for others, and sound attitudes about winning and losing are important components of our program.
- Hockey Skates
- Shoulder Pads
- Hockey Stick
- Hockey Gloves
- Hockey Pants
- Hockey Helmet with Full Cage
- Mouth Guard
- Neck Guard
- Elbow Guards
- Shin Guards
Scooters is a program that introduces hockey to children ages 4-6. It focuses on the basic fundamentals of hockey: balance, skating, and stickhandling skills. Participants will need a hockey helmet with face mask, hockey gloves, and stick. Your child just needs to be able to skate forward a bit, and we will take it from there. If your child can’t yet skate forward, please consider enrolling in our skate school.
Ice skating is fun and healthy. Our “Learn To Skate” program is designed for everyone from beginner to advanced skaters.
- Parent & Tot (ages 2-4): No skating ability necessary. 1 parent/guardian required to be on ice with skates, minimal skating knowledge.
- Tot (ages 3-5): No skating ability necessary.
- Pre-alpha (ages 6-12): No skating ability necessary.
- Alpha (ages 6-13): Must pass the pre-alpha test and consistently be able to march, glide on one and two feet, do backward wiggles, and forward and backward swizzles.
- Beta (ages 6-13): Must pass the alpha test and consistently do forward left and right crossovers and a snowplow stop.
Youth Hockey Leagues
If you want your child to learn to play hockey in a fun, low stress environment where competition is encouraged, but winning and losing are kept in the proper perspective, this is the perfect league.
- Mites: ages 6-8
- Squirts: ages 9-10
- Pee Wees: ages 11-12
- Bantams: ages 13-15
Adult Hockey Leagues
Both of our adult in-house league’s B and C are recreational leagues. B league plays on Sunday evenings and is an 18+ league. C league plays on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and is a 40+ league. We use USA Hockey officials; all players are required to register with USA Hockey and turn in their USA Hockey number prior to participating.
Adult Women’s Hockey Class
You must be 18 or over and full equipment is required. Each class is approximately thirty minutes of skills instruction and thirty minutes of scrimmaging. Equipment that each player needs prior to participation is a hockey helmet (face mask encouraged) and hockey gloves. The Y can help players with other necessary equipment to get you started.
Skate on in Today
Whether you’re looking for an adult hockey league to join and sharpen your skills, or you simply want to knock a puck around for a while, the Y is the place for all the action on the ice!