Join Our Day Camp Team and Lead Life-shaping Adventures
At the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, we’re passionate about helping youth and teens reach their fullest potential through life-shaping adventures. And we’re looking for caring, responsible, and fun-loving grownups to lead those adventures!
Join the Y for an unforgettable summer as a member of our Day or Overnight Camp teams. You’ll work alongside our campers and families to ensure they have an outstanding camp experience. You’ll collaborate with other camp team members, instruct and lead camper activities, mentor children, and guide campers in their personal growth and development. From swimming and sports to field trips and arts and crafts, the Y has something for every camper.
We invite you to apply and be part of a summer to remember!
“Being a camp counselor at the Y is the ultimate summer job!” said Danielle Carey, Talent Acquisition Specialist at the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago. “Not only are you engaging in fun, meaningful activities with some amazing kids—you’re also creating a great foundation for your career by honing key leadership, mentorship, and organizational skills relevant to every industry.”
The benefits of working at the Y this summer include:
- Guaranteed assignment for the summer
- Full-time/part-time seasonal positions available
- A team that cares about one another
- Empowering work environment where you can make a difference and contribute to building a better, stronger community for all
- Opportunities to try new things—every day is something different
- YMCA membership, discounted programs, and much more!
To learn more and apply online, visit our careers page.