Jun 26, 2019 - Elmhurst YMCA
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
The Elmhurst YMCA will be running an American Red Cross Lifeguard Training during the month of June and July.
When: 7/10, 5-9:00 p.m., 7/11, 5-9:00 p.m., 7/12, 3-9:00 p.m. and 7/13, 9-7:00 p.m.
Cost: $275 Member
Registration Deadline: July 1, 2019 for July classes.
- Must be 15 years old (show proof of age)
- Pass a 300-yard pre-requisite swim test, tread water for 2 minutes without using hands, swim & retrieve a 10-pound object from water 7-10 feet deep in less than 1 minute, 40 seconds to be performed on 5.10.19.
- Blended Learning Assignment must be completed and certificate of completion handed in the first day of class (emailed out upon registration) on 5.10.19.
- Must attend all scheduled class sessions, written and practical exams.
- Refunds for all lifeguarding classes must be requested in writing 48 hours prior to class start and will result in a $50 administrative fee. Failure to finish prerequisites may only result in a partial refund.
- Certification is not guaranteed.
- Water Park certification - Must have Basic Lifeguard to be valid (Training date TBD).
Stop by our Y to pick-up a flyer for our next class.
For more details contact Marie Straube at [email protected] or 630.834.9200 or to register click here.