OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER SWEEPSTAKES. PURCHASE DOES NOT ENHANCE CHANCE OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
In order to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize, the Entrant (as defined below) must comply fully with these Official Sweepstakes Rules, and by entering agrees to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the Business (as defined below) whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects.
NAME OF BUSINESS: YMCA OF METROPOLITAN CHICAGO
(the "Business" or "Sponsor")
LOCATED AT: 1030 W. Van Buren Street,
Chicago, Illinois 60607
NAME OF SWEEPSTAKES: YMCA OF METROPOLITAN CHICAGO
ELMHURST YMCA WINTER SPORTS & RINK PROGRAM SWEEPSTAKES (the "Sweepstakes")
SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD:
Start Date: 12:00pm CST December 15, 2022
End Date: 11:59pm CST December 31, 2022
The Start Date and the End Date will together be referred to as the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”.
WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT (the “Announcement”)
Announcement Date: January 3, 2023.
HOW TO PLAY:
1. Each Entrant shall be entered into the Sweepstakes upon their complete registration of one (1) of the following Elmhurst YMCA Winter 2023 activities: Winter Y Basketball League (YBL), Session 2 Skate School, or Scooters Hockey program, as long as registration is completed prior to the Sweepstakes Entry Period End Date. Limit of one (1) Entry per Individual.
2. No later than 12:00pm CST of January 3, 2023, the Business, via its approved agent, shall draw Two (2) Entrants at random. These Two (2) Entrants drawn shall be declared the “winners” of the Sweepstakes.
4. If a Winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Business reserves the right to not to award that Winner’s prize or provide that Winner’s prize to the next selected/ drawn substitute Winner, in its sole discretion.
The prize shall consist of a discount on a 2023 winter Elmhurst YMCA program of the Winner’s choosing. One (1) Winner will be awarded a Twenty-Five Percent (25%) discount on the 2023 winter sports Elmhurst YMCA program of their choosing; and One (1) Winner will be awarded a Fifty Percent (50%) discount on the 2023 winter sports Elmhurst YCMA program of their choosing. The discounts can be applied against the registration fee of the Elmhurst YMCA’s Winter Y Basketball League, Session 2 Skate School, or Scooters Hockey Program.
The prize is provided by the Business and will be awarded pending verification of eligibility. Prizes are non-transferable; no substitutions are permitted. Prize winner must execute and return: (i) a W-9; and (2) any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within ten (10) business days of being notified, or the prize will be forfeited. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Business reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. All prizes will be mailed to the winner upon verification of eligibility. Winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Business is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize, but will issue a replacement check if the Business is notified by the winner within thirty (30) days of the Business’s mailing of the prize that the winner did not receive their prize.
1. The “Entrant” or “Entrants” must: (a) be legal residents of the United States; and (b) eighteen (18) or older.
2. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants, Entrants, and winner(s) grant the Business exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other fundraisers, sweepstakes and/or contests, and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES
1. Entrants will be entered into this Sweepstakes upon complete registration for an Elmhurst YMCA Winter program (either Winter Y Basketball League, Session 2 Skate School, or Scooters Hockey program) between the Sweepstakes Entry Period Start Date and Sweepstakes Entry Period End Date. Limit one (1) Entry per individual.
2. All Entries must be received by the Sweepstakes Entry Period End Date; no Entries will be accepted after this time.
3. Entries will not be accepted through e-mail, via facsimile, postal mail, express delivery service, or by hand-delivery at the Business.
Use of E-mail Addresses
By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to opt-in to receive e-mail communications from the Business. If an Entrant chooses to opt out of such future communications from the Business, he or she will be able to do so by following the instructions on any electronic communications sent by the Business. Upon opting-out, the Business will no longer send e-mail messages to the Entrant. An Entrant’s choice to opt out will not affect eligibility in the Sweepstakes.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNER(S)
The potential Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail within three (3) business days after the Announcement Date, in accordance with the contact information provided on the Brand Survey. Any potential Winner who cannot be reached or contacted within five (5) business days may be disqualified. The potential prize winner must meet all eligibility requirements and fully comply with these Rules and may be disqualified if they do not.
The potential prize winner must sign and return to the Business: (i) W-9; and (2) an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release in order to be eligible to accept the prize. No substitution or transfer of the prize will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Business. The Business reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
The prize will be awarded to the prize winner(s) in the form of a discount on the registration of the program that they registered for. All discounts are subject to the terms and conditions regarding use, loss, and theft, and all other terms and conditions established by the Business.
All local, state, and federal taxes incurred by accepting a prize will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner(s).
1. By entering, the Entrant agrees to comply with these Rules and the decisions of the Business, which are binding and final, and release the Business and each of its divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, and promotion agencies and anyone associated with the production of this Sweepstakes, and its respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any claims, injuries, losses, or damages (including attorneys’ fees) of any kind arising out of their participation in this Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize.
2. The potential prize winner waives the right to assert, as a cost of winning the prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prizes and waive any liability or claims (including attorneys’ fees) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prizes.
3. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned to the Business as undeliverable, or if prizes are refused or cannot be accepted for any reason, the prizes will be forfeited and another prize winner will be selected in a random drawing according to these Official Rules. Upon forfeiture or refusal, no compensation will be given.
4. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for the Business to use the Sweepstakes Winner's name, photograph, likeness, and/or statements attributed to the Winner regarding the Sweepstakes, for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation or consent.
5. All Entries become the property of the Business.
6. This Sweepstakes shall only be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the State, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws and submission of any entry constitutes acceptance of such laws. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
7. The Business reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on Entrants obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. The Business reserves the right to change the rules of the Sweepstakes at any time.
9. Any and all decisions of the Business related to this Sweepstakes are final.
NAME OF WINNER(s)
To obtain the name of the Winner(s), please contact the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago’s Brand Strategy & Marketing department at [email protected].