We’re hiring! Calling all lifeguard candidates
The South Side YMCA aquatics department is looking to change lives in our community by hiring reliable, detail-oriented lifeguards who enjoy working with children and families. This position requires responsible team members who can create safe, fun environments for our members and program participants. Flexible hours and membership benefits are available.
Let us help you become a certified shallow water lifeguard!
· Must be at least 16 years of age
· Contact [email protected] by April 5 to complete your swim test
· 100-yard continuous swim using front crawl or breaststroke
· Tread water for two minutes with no hands/legs only
· Sprint swim 60 ft, retrieve a 10 lb object off the bottom of the pool, swim it back to the starting point, legs only/face must remain out of the water (in 50 sec)
· Complete e-learning modules prior to the first day of class (approx. 8 hours)
· Attend entire in-person course on April 15-17 from 10am-4pm each day, demonstrate all competencies, and pass practical and written tests.
Course fee is $50. Deadline to register and complete swim test is April 5, space permitting. Secure your spot today>
We are also hiring and certifying swim instructors.
Contact [email protected] to get connected to upcoming opportunities.
Already certified? Apply online at ymcachicago.org today for lifeguard or swim instructor employment opportunities.