We’re giving plant-based meal kits to 2,000 local families—sign up for yours today!
Between rising food costs, the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, and lack of access to fresh food, putting healthy meals on the table can be challenging.
That’s why we at the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago are proud to team up with Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) and The FruitGuys to offer free sample meal kits to our community for four weeks starting February 28, 2022!
Meal kits include all of the ingredients and recipes needed to cook three delicious meals for a family of four (12 meals total) and will be available for at-home delivery or pickup at the following YMCA locations:
- Rauner Family YMCA - 2700 S Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60608; Mondays 10am-6pm
- McCormick YMCA - 1834 N Lawndale Ave, Chicago, IL 60647; Mondays 10am-6pm
- Kelly Hall YMCA - 824 N Hamlin Ave, Chicago, IL 60651; Mondays 2-7pm
- South Side YMCA - 6330 S Stony Island, Chicago, IL 60637; Tuesdays 11am-7:30pm
- North Lawndale YMCA - 3449 W Arthington St, Chicago, IL 60624; Wednesdays 3-6pm
- Garfield YMCA Head Start - 7 N Homan Ave, Chicago, IL 60624; Wednesdays 3-5:30pm
These free meal kits are available on a first-come, first-served basis for up to 2,000 families per week. Families can reserve a meal kit starting today by visiting www.fruitguys.com/mealkit. Upon registration, families can select at-home delivery or pickup.
After the free four-week program ends, meal kits will be available for sale for $48/kit or $4/meal—prices lower than fast food or other commercial meal kits.
We’re excited to collaborate with PHA and The FruitGuys on this pilot program, which aims to develop sustainable, marketplace solutions to increase affordable access to fruits and vegetables in our communities.
“Showing up for Chicagoland’s families means working together to fill resource gaps and empowering one another to make the healthiest possible choices,” said Shannon Babcock, Vice President of Strategic Partnerships at the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago. “Hand in hand with Partnership for a Healthier America and The FruitGuys, we’re alleviating food deserts and living out the Y’s mission to strengthen families and communities—one delicious, healthy meal at a time.”