Summer Day Camp
Click here to download:
Summer Day Camp Brochure (Includes detailed descriptions of all camp programs and prices.)
Welcome to our Summer Day Camp 2018 at the Fry Family YMCA! We're excited to have your children spend their summer with us. All of the following camps will be offered at the Fry Family YMCA, 2120 W. 95th Street, Naperville, IL 60564. If you have any questions please call us at 630.904.9595.
- Zoofari Club with Academic Enrichment- For children 4 yrs. old entering Kindergarten in Fall 2019. Choose a 3 or 5 day option. Hours are 9am-1pm, with extended hours of 8am-5pm. Zoofari Club is for children in Pre-K to introduce them to an amazing summer camp experience as well as refresh what they already know from their preschool experience or to expose them to a new kind of learning environment. Zoofari Club is overflowing with activities such as learning new interactive outdoor games, making fun and easy creative art experiences, enjoying a special guest or in house field trip and making new friends while learning to socialize independently. Your 4 year old will also play with the sensory/water tables, learn new songs and most of all have fun with other preschoolers they may alreay know! Note: Parent Information Night is Tuesday, May 22, 6-7 p.m.
- Kindergarten Camp with Academic Enrichment - For children entering Kindergarten in Fall 2018. Chooae a 3 or 5 day option. Hours are 8am-3pm, with extended hours of 7am-6pm. Kindergarten Camp is a perfect way to help young children transition into their future school experience. Children will practice listening skills, conflict resolution, sharing and independence skills within our daily activities. Camp includes age-appropriate sports, nature projects, art, dance, swimming and one field trip per week with Safari Club campers. We strive to create exciting activities while providing a safe and fun learning environment. Note: Parent Information Night is Wednesday, May 23, 6-7 p.m.
- Safari Club Camps - For children entering Gr. 1-8 in Fall 2018. Camp is offered from 8:00am-5:00pm M-F. Parents may choose a 3, 4 or 5 day camp week! Extended care is also available beginning at 7:00am until 6:00pm. Campers will travel four out of five days to a field trip destination such as water parks, amusement parks, museums, mini-golf courses, skating rinks, movie theaters, state parks, forest preserves, the library and many more. We are also proud to be an ACA Explore 30 reading program camp. We have 30 minutes of our day set aside for individual or group reading time to help prevent summer learning loss. Campers get a swim lesson and free swim time every week as well as campers choice activities. Other activities include counselor led crafts, games, group activities and best of all making lasting memories and building new friendships. Note: Parent Information Night is Wednesday, May 30 or Thursday, May 31, 2018. Returning campers come at 6:15-7 p.m., new campers come 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- Camp E.D.G.E. (Educate, Develop, Give, Experience) - For children entering Gr. 8-9 in Fall 2018. Camp is offered from 8am-5pm. Extended hours and pricing are the same as Safari Club.Camp E.D.G.E. teaches responsibility, cooperation, teamwork, leadership, goal setting, problem solving, conflict resolution, and the rewards of giving to others. Youth will participate in supervised volunteer activities at local not-for-profit organizations as well as in experiential learning at challenge courses, rock climbing venues, and high ropes courses. Outdoor adventurous field trips include hiking, water parks and other outdoor activities.
- CIT (Counselor-In-Training) - For children entering Gr. 9-10 in Fall 2018. Camp is offered from 8am-5pm in two 4 four week sessions. If your child is interested in being a camp counselor some day, this is an opportunity you don't want to miss. This is an advanced program for those who have attended camp for at least one summer. It provides an interactive experiential learning environment. Campers will shadow a senior counselor, assist them in program activities, lessons, field trips and special event days.
- Specialty Camps - Specialty one-week camps will be offered in Art Explorers, Krafty Kids, Fishing Camp, Mad Science Camp, Spectacular Science Camp, Red Cross Babysitting Training Camp, and Sports! See our camp catalog for weeks and prices.
2018 Safari Club Weekly Schedules
Safari 1 are Teams 1-3 Safari 2 are Teams 4-6
2018 Registration Forms and Parent Handbooks:
Camp Contact Information: