Save lives, save money: YMCA of Metro Chicago offers $0 joiner fee with proof of vaccination
A healthy community begins with a healthy you.
Join the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago in stopping the spread of COVID-19, get vaccinated, and save! New members who present proof of vaccination (a card or a photo of your card will suffice) can enjoy our special $0 joiner fee from now through November 1.
When you sign up for a Y membership, you and your family can enjoy:
- A family atmosphere and sense of belonging driven by caring members and staff who put the well-being of you and your community first
- Membership to all Association locations throughout Chicago and the surrounding suburbs
- Financial assistance—the Y is open to all!
- Preschool programs, including Early Head Start and Head Start for eligible families, to nurture your child’s growth and academic readiness
- Out of School Time (OST) programs for school-aged kids to provide further enrichment outside the classroom
- Fitness programs and swim lessons for all ages and levels
- Priority registration and reduced, members-only pricing with savings of up to 50% on many offerings
- Free, family-focused activities and specialty events throughout the year to bring our diverse, community-minded members together
Available exclusively in-person at our membership desks, our waived joiner fee applies to all membership types, provided that the billing adult demonstrates proof of vaccination upon signing up for membership. This offer cannot be claimed online. Furthermore, out of respect for our members’ privacy and in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), we do not store records of vaccination status under any circumstances.
Central to our mission to strengthen children, families, and communities, the YMCA of Metro Chicago is proud to operate in tandem with ongoing efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19. As an Association, we’re committed to advancing community wellness in everything we do, and that includes encouraging you to protect yourself and others by getting vaccinated.
"By offering a $0 joiner incentive for community members vaccinated against COVID-19, we're empowering families to invest in their—and their neighbors'—long-term health,” said Cherese Ledet, Chief Community Development and Equity Officer at the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago.
Give the Y a shot and sign up for a membership today! For location-specific inquiries, contact your local center.