Lyft partners with the Y to give young adults free Divvy memberships
Sign up for Lyft’s Bikeshare Access Program and get ready to ride in style for FREE!
In partnership with Lyft and LyftUp’s Bikeshare Access Program, the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago is offering FREE Divvy Bike memberships for up to eligible 16-20 year-olds. This free program includes unlimited 45-minute bike rides from the Divvy app for one year*.
Here’s how to qualify:
- Complete the online Training Module, and don’t forget to take a screenshot of the completion page once you’re done.
- Create or log in to your Divvy Account. (If you’re under 18, you’ll need to complete this with a parent or guardian.)
- After your account is set up and you’re logged in, go to this page and select ‘Lyft Bikeshare for Youth’ from the dropdown menu. Upload a screenshot of the completed Training Module when prompted.
- Within a week, you’ll receive your membership confirmation from Lyft, a purchase notification (disregard this, Lyft is covering the cost!), and a prompt to set your password.
- Swing by your local city YMCA to pick up your free helmet!
- Once you've confirmed your membership and set your password, use your Divvy app to rent a bike and begin riding! (If you don’t have a smartphone, please reach out to your local Y center.)
*Your bikeshare membership expires one year after activation. At the end of the program, you’ll need to enter a personal form of payment to continue riding.
This offer expires by April 30, 2021, so be sure to complete the above steps before then. If you have any other questions about how you or a young adult in your life can avail of Lyft’s Bikeshare Access Program, contact your local Y center today.