September 10, 2017
Saturday 9/16/17 beginning at 1 pm
- If you are planning to canoe on Saturday, reserve a canoe/kayak as soon as possible (if you have not already). We will plan on meeting at the canoe rental store at 1:00 on Saturday, Sept. 16.
- Bring a snack, something to drink, sunscreen and bug repellent. Sandals or old sneakers are also a good idea. People might also consider wearing swim suits since the weather looks quite warm.
- Reservationa nd location information - http://www.rocktownadventures.com/ 107 Spruce St. Aurora, IL 60506 630-506-5706
- For this trip, everyone wil make their own reservations.
Satruday 9/16/17 beginning approximately at 5 pm
Greene Valley Forest Preserve - West Area Parking Lot, Thunderbird Road Bolingbrook, IL 60440
- Trailblazers will convene at the campsite at approximately 5:00 pm on Saturday (time dependent on when the canoeing finishes).
- Dinner will be whenever people arrive and or want. Just a reminder to bring your own food and cooking equipment/utensils.
- It is highly recommend to bring at least one gallon of water from home (the well water there is nasty).
- No need to bring firewood, it is provided by the forest preserve.
- The site is tent only if you are spending the night.
- Even though it has been dry, bug spray is always a good idea back in the woods.
- We are at campsite #8 and there is parking near the campsite. Use the park entrance on 79th street and follow to the paved parking lot. On the way to the Ranger House at the far end of the parking lot there is a gravel road that you can use to drive to site #8 (stay to the right). http://www.dupageforest.org/Conservation/Forest_Preserves/Greene_Valley.aspx West Area Parking Lot Thunderbird Road Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Greene Valley Youth Campground Info
Greene Valley Trails Guide