Youth and Government
This unique and special program is open to enthusiastic high school students in Aurora, Naperville, Oswego, Batavia and Geneva high schools or surrounding areas who have an interest in our state government.
- Students focus on the Illinois governmental process.
- Students choose to be an attorney, legislator, page, lobbyist or journalist.
- The program begins in September each year.
- Meetings are held at least once a month.
- In March, students meet at the capitol in Springfield for a weekend of governmental hands-on experience.
More than 900 students from Illinois are involved annually. This is a great way to meet new people, and an opportunity to see government in action.
Addison Trail High School - Addison
Leyden High School - Franklin Park
Westmont High School - Westmont
Willowbrook High School - Villa Park
- Naperville Central High School – Naperville
- Naperville North High School – Naperville
- Neuqua Valley High School – Naperville
- Waubonsie Valley High School – Aurora
- Metea Valley High School - Aurora
- Oswego High School – Oswego
- Batavia High School – Batavia
- Addison Trail High School - Addison
- Leyden High School - Franklin Park
- Westmont High School - Westmont
- Willowbrook High School - Villa Park
Registrations are accepted until the middle of September each year. If you’re interested in being part of this program, please call 312.440.2410.