Oswego Family YMCA History
- The YMCA began offering services at Mason Square on Douglas in May of 2001. The Y grew membership to just over 400 individuals in the 2800 square foot express branch.
- On August 31st, 2009, the Y moved to the former Traughber Junior High School, now known as the Oswego 308 Center operating 23,000 square feet of programming space. In one year the Y has increased membership to over 3500 individuals with an increase of more families from the community.
- June 10, 2010 the 1st Annual Golf Classic is held at Blackberry Oaks Golf Course with 116 golfers attending the event and raising funds for the Strong Kids Campaign.
- In 2010 with the leadership of Tom Nelson and Dwight Baird, the Y raised over $50,000 for the Strong Kids Campaign.
- On January 1st, 2011 the Oswego Family Y was integrated with the Chicago Metro YMCA Association.
- June 1, 2011, the Oswego Family YMCA in partnership with the Pine Ridge Condo Association established a family aquatics department at the Pine Ridge Clubhouse in Oswego.
- September 1, 2012, the Oswego Family YMCA opened its Preschool Program at the Wheatland Salem Church located at 1217 Wolf Road in Oswego.