December 01, 2016
Are you interested in becoming a lifeguard at the Lattof YMCA? Here’s your chance! Join us on the above mentioned dates to become a professional lifeguard and be considered for employment with us. Upon successful completion of the class, you will receive certification in Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer, and Emergency Oxygen Administration; certification is good for 2 years (1 year for CPR/AED). Participants must complete prerequisites and online portions of the training, attend all classes, and pass written & practical exams to complete the class. Participation does guarantee certification or employment.
• Must be 16 years of age on or before the last day of class
• Swim 100 yards front crawl continuously
• Tread water for 2 minutes without using hands
• Swim 50 yards each of the following strokes: Front crawl with head up, sidestroke, breaststroke, breaststroke with head up and elementary backstroke legs only
• Must be able to submerge 8-10 feet and retrieve a dive ring without goggles.
10a.m.-5:00p.m. (Includes ½ hour lunch period)
Register at the front desk or online
For more information, please contact Josh Martin, Aquatics Coordinator at 847-410-5287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.