February 01, 2018
Chicago weather can be brutal in February, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy Chicagoland's cultural and recreational treasures. From the city to the burbs, here are 6 ways to have fun with the whole family this February.
1. Celebrate Groundhog Day in Woodstock (Feb 1-4). Travel just northwest of Chicago to the town of Woodstock, IL, where the movie Groundhog Day was filmed, for a four-day festival featuring a ton of events for adults, teens, and children alike.
2. Get cultured with some kid-friendly Shakespeare (Feb 3-Mar 10). The Chicago Shakespeare Theatre's abridged, kid-friendly adaptation of A Midsummer Night's Dream is a great way to introduce your children to the bard and the magic of live theatre.
4. See and smell 10,000 beautiful flowers (Feb 10-Mar 25). The Chicago Botanic Gardens' annual Orchid Show is "an homage to the rich culture of Asia and its stunning array of native orchids."
5. Ring in the Chinese New Year (Feb 25). Chicago's most beautiful parade returns to Chinatown.
6. Register for Summer Day Camp at the Y. Yes, it's that time of year. Start planning your child's best summer ever, today.