Summer Day Camp
Campers feel safe and celebrated for who they are and are given experiences which help promote self esteem and self worth.
An environment is created where campers are active, learning, laughing, and are made to feel special.
Our day camps are ACA accredited, which means that we maintain the highest standards regarding program quality. We believe the most important elements of a positive day camp experience are the safety and well-being of your child.
Our camps offer:
- Professional staff with more than 40 hours of training before the summer begins, plus all counselors are certified in First Aid, CPR and AED
- Counselor to camp ratios: 3 to 5 years -1:6; 6 to 8 years 1:8; 9 to 12 years 1:10
- Free before and after care (typically 7:00-9:00 a.m., 4:30-6:00 p.m.) at most locations
- Instructional/recreational swimming
- Field trips
- Many camp options (day, sports, specialty, teen, partial weeks, half-day)
- Discounted rates for YMCA members
- YMCA day camps are tax deductible and qualify for flexible spending
- W-2 state and county child care benefits are accepted (Title 10)
Space is limited—register early! Most camp sessions begin in early June and run through late August, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., with extended care offered before and after regular camp hours. Contact your local center or your local camp for more information.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago strives to provide a summer day camp experience for all families, regardless of their ability to pay. For more information on financial assistance and scholarships, contact your local center or your local camp.