YMCA Camp Pinewood is at the edge of Manistee National Forest near Muskegon, Michigan. Itâ€™s convenient, but remote enough to ensure that everyone enjoys the natural beauty of the campâ€™s 200-acre facility. Our YMCA Camp and Buildings are located on the edge of spring fed Lake Echo, with its natural sand beach and dock area. Trails encircle the lake, winding through the pine and hardwood forest. The camp is also within easy reach of several area rivers: Muskegon, Pine, and Manistee as well as Lake Michigan, making it the perfect jumping-off point for overnight canoe, kayak, and backpacking trips.
- 45 Acre Lake Echo for swimming, boating and fishing
- 200 acres of woodlands and trails
- On the edge of the Mainistee Forest and just inland of Lake Michigan.
- Near Muskegon State Park and the Muskegon Winter Sports Complex.
Our Cabins & Lodges
- 15 Heated Cabins that sleep 12
- Modern bath/shower facilities, one on each side of camp with individual shower and toilet stalls.
- 1 Heated Cabin with Shower and Bathroom that sleeps 14
- 2 Lodges that Sleep 32, one Heated with Showers and Toilets
- Health Lodge that has five bedrooms with bathrooms, 3 with showers and sleeps 20
- Main Dining & Conference Lodge
- Climbing Wall
- Low & Mid Level Ropes Courses and a Zip Line
- Teams Course and Group Initiatives
- Sand Volleyball onsite & Basketball Courts offsite.
- Archery and Fishing Pier
- Outdoor Pavillion and Tubing Hill
- Sport Fields including 1 Football field, 1 Soocer field, and one Multi-purpose field
- 7 Campfire Circles
- Outpost, Survival Outpost, and Teepee Outpost
- 2 mile Walking/Running/Snowshoeing path around the lake
- Mountain Bike & Cross Country Ski trails