Early Education and Care
Early Head Start, Head Start and Child Care to Chicago Families
The YMCA offers year-round, full-day child care to Chicago families and is one of the largest licensed child care providers in the city.
Program details for youth 2-5 years old:
- Weekdays 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- NAEYC accredited
- Educational activities promoting school readiness in literacy and language, math, science, technology, the arts, physical development, self esteem, self control and positive interactions with peers and adults
- Highly qualified staff and low staff-to-child ratios
- Fun and exciting field trips
- Healthy snacks and meals
- The YMCA will provide reasonable assistance to families to arrange transportation to and from program activities if needed
- Care for children with disabilities
- Free family membership with enrollment
Subsidized childcare available for qualified families. To enroll, please bring:
- Proof of income: TANF/SNAP, two most recent pay stubs and/or a class schedule with enrollment dates.
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Your child’s most recent medical and dental examinations
- Social security cards for both parent/guardian & child
For more information, please call 773.326.2828.