Join Us Today!
BE BOLD. BE STRONG. BELONG.
The Y—a cause for strengthening community.
We're more than a gym—we are a community committed to strengthening bodies, minds and neighborhoods. For over 160 years the Y's mission has been dedicated to building healthy, confident and secure children, families and communities. Every day our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good. Because at the Y your joining more than a gym, you’re joining a nonprofit community committed to transforming lives—inside and out.
At the Y we provide:
- exceptional fitness, personal training, sports and aquatics programs for all skill levels
- state-of-the-art fitness equipment based on the latest exercise science and research to give you an unparalleled workout experience
- an inclusive judgement free community of caring staff and members dedicated to helping you suceed in meeting your health and wellness goals
- extensive preschool, school-age and teen programs focused on preparing children for academic and personal success
- fun family and community programs and events that provide opportunites for engaging, quality family time
- rewarding volunteer and mentoring opportunities
- and so much more!
Membership benefits include:
- No contracts, no hidden fees
- Tons of free group fitness classes
- Free fitness consultations
- Child care services while you workout
- Access to 21 YMCAs in the Chicago Metro area
- Rewarding volunteer opportunities
- Program and camp discounts
- Priority program registration
- Free Family Fun Nights
- Earn a FREE month when a friend joins
- Guest passes for friends and family
The Y welcomes everyone and offers financial assistance to qualifying applicants. Visit or call your local Y to discuss this option and enroll in person.
See why so many call the YMCA home. Be our guest, or take a tour today!
Ready to get started?
You can start your Y membership in two ways:
- Call us at 773-905-5115 to secure your membership over the phone Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pick up your membership card the first time you visit and get started! You'll be asked to have your photo taken, issued a Y membership card, asked to sign your application paperwork and then you are ready for your first workout!
- Stop into your local Y. You'll get a tour of the Y and information about the benefits and classes included in your membership.
- Complete a membership application. You can fill out the application after your tour or print it now and bring it with you to the Y.
- Grab your membership card and get started! You'll be issued a Y membership card and you are ready for your first workout!
The YMCA of Metro Chicago Association includes 21 YMCAs in the Chicagoland area. If you are looking for a YMCA that is not in our Association, you can also visit the YMCA of the USA to find a YMCA near you. Please note that membership offers of the YMCA of Metro Chicago are not transferable to YMCAs outside of the YMCA of Metro Chicago Association.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago does not discriminate on the basis of disability. In accordance with Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Illinois Human Rights Act (IHRA), all YMCA centers associated with the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago invite people with disabilities to enjoy Y programs and facilities. The YMCA will make every effort to include members with disabilities in its programs, and will work together with the parent or caregiver to determine what reasonable modifications will be effective for the member with a disability. For more information about the YMCA Inclusion process, contact us at email@example.com.