February 19, 2017
March 26 | FREE Boxing Workshop
Whether you’re already a work out junkie, looking to switch up your fitness routine, or try something new, Lake View YMCA looks forward to hosting a FREE boxing workshop! To get prepared for March 26 and April 2, start incorporating the following exercises to prep your core, strengthen that upper body and increase your endurance!
• SQUATS: Lower body strength will improve, providing a stronger boxing stance
• PUSH UPS: Look to increase quantities and or skill level each work out. This will improve punching power and upper body strength
• CRUNCHES/BACK EXTENSIONS: Enhance core strength and keep your dynamic movement tight
• PULL UPS – Focus is on back strength and punching power. If you can’t do pull ups on your own, try assisted pull ups or ask a fitness professional recommendations for an assisted machine.
• CARDIO: Highly recommend including a variety of high intensity intervals within your workout routine. Try jumping jacks, jump rope, explosive footwork such as ladders or lateral jumps as well as any additional cardio you’re comfortable with such as sprints, or stairs.
March 26 workshop will run from 11AM - 11:45AM.
April 2 workshop will run from 11AM - Noon.
Both classes are free of charge for members and non-members.