December 19, 2016
Age Policy Effective January 1, 2017
- Youth age 12 and under may only use the fitness center and equipment when engaged in a YMCA program.
- Youth 8-12 years old may attend select group fitness classes with a parent or guardian actively supervising. Family Friendly classes will be defined on group fitness schedule.
- No one 12 and under will be allowed on the Fit Deck or in either weight room.
- Youth 13-15 years old may use the facility, on their own, after completing a Fitness Orientation. Certain equipment may be excluded at the Fitness Director’s discretion.
- Youth 13-15 years old may attend group fitness classes, unless the class is specifically noted for 16+ years of age.
- Youth 16 - 18 may use the fitness center, equipment and group exercise classes.
Current Fit Pass Participants
- Due to changes in industry standards, youths that are age 12 even with a current Fit Pass will no longer be eligible to use the fitness center and equipment.
- Youths that are 13-15 will remain unaffected.
For questions regardingt his policy, please contact Kathy Nutt, fitness director, at email@example.com