May 24, 2016
Posted on July 25, 2011 in Youth Development
Here are ten ways Summer Day Camp impacts youth for life:
10. Social Interaction with peers and camp staff who are positive role models.
9. Community involvement.
8. Daily activities that focus on character development.
7. Weekly field trips that expose kids to culture, volunteerism, recreation, and diversity.
6. An atmosphere that promotes healthy living and self reliance.
5. Opportunity to build and enhance leadership skills.
4. Opportunity for youth to know their opinions are valued and their voice is being heard.
3. Life long relationships.
2. An environment in which psychological and emotional safety is promoted.