Learn to Swim at the YMCA.
For many, the YMCA was where one learned how to swim as a child—and for good reason. Since 1885, the Y has been a pioneer in swimming education. Literally millions of people have learned to swim through the YMCA’s perfected program.
More than just Swim Lessons!
For over 135 years the YMCA has set the standard for quality swim instruction. Through the Y’s progressive swim lesson program you/your child will:
- Get results driven instruction from experienced and certified instructors.
- Develop strong stroke, personal safety, rescue and personal growth skills.
- Participate in student centered, progressive swim instruction with a small instructor-to-student ratio.
- Spend more time in the water for instruction.
- Received an achievement log tracks at the end of each class to track progress as swimming skills are mastered.
Benefits of YMCA Swim Lessons.
In Y Swim Lessons participants learn and practice new swimming skills and feel a sense of achievement from mastering something new that they can enjoy the rest of their lives.
- The aquatics programs at the Y are about more than just the techniques and skills; they are about building friendships, developing self-esteem and creating positive experiences that will last a lifetime.
- Programs are offered for all levels and include offerings for students with diverse abilities.
- Our programs incorporate fun water sports and games to help children become comfortable in the water while learning this important life skill.
- The Ys core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility are integrated into every lesson
- Children develop stronger bonds with their parents and family members from the take home activities of family huddles and sharing safety tips.
- Our pools are staffed with certified swim instructors and lifeguards.
Enroll in a YMCA Aquatics or Swim Lesson Today!
Whether you are looking to learn how to swim, improve your stroke, compete or get fit we have the class for you. Our structured classes are divided by age and skill level and taught by certified instructors who guide with praise and encouragement.
View Classes >>