Meeting the needs of seniors throughout our service areas with programs designed specifically for them.
The YMCA has fitness classes specifically designed for older adults. They give participants an opportunity to stay physically active or in some cases, to overcome their fear of exercise and begin being physically active. Learn more.
Senior Home Care
The Third Age YMCA plays a vital role in allowing low-income older adults and individuals with disabilities to live independently with dignity in the comfort of their own homes.
More than 400 trained caregivers help with daily tasks like cleaning, laundry, meal preparation, personal care and grocery shopping.
To qualify participants must:
- Be 60 or over
- Be unable to perform some or all acts of daily living
- Have $17,500 or less in non-exempt assets
- Submit an application for medical benefits through IDHS, or already enrolled for Medicaid
- Be a U.S. citizen residing in Illinois, a legal alien, or meet the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act
- Be recommended to receive services by a physician
For more information, please call 312.932.3000